March 5th – April 13th, 2014Sign Up 40 Churches for 40 Days
40 Days for Life is a volunteer based prayer campaign that draws attention to the injustice of abortion through three simple avenues:
- Prayer and fasting
- Community outreach
- Constant vigil
40 Days for Life began in Bryan/College Station in 2004. The first nationally coordinated 40 Days for Life was in 2007. Since then, this simple and highly effective campaign has been the channel of great miracles:
- Over 522 cities in all 50 states and have conducted a 40 day prayer vigil at the local abortion clinic
- At least nineteen different countries have conducted a 40 day prayer vigil including: England, Northern Ireland, Brazil, Peru, Canada, Australia, Denmark, and Spain
- Over 8,245 women haven chosen life for children they were going to abort – because of the peaceful presence of people in front of the abortion clinics
- at least 100 workers in abortion clinics have had conversions and quit their jobs
- at least 40 abortion clinics have closed their doors and shut down for good
- Thousands upon thousands of men and women with abortions in their past have finally found healing
40 Days for Life has been a campaign of the Central Texas Coalition for Life since the spring of 2009. Locally, the miracles have been nothing short of amazing:
- 186 women have chosen life for 189 babies that were going to be aborted (three women were pregnant with twins)
- Over 2,500 people have brought prayer to the streets of Austin in front of these clinics
- People from more than ONE HUNDRED churches have united arm-in-arm at the local 40 Days for Life prayer vigils
- Thousands of women have been redirected to local pregnancy resource centers for help through their pregnancy and beyond
- Many men and women with abortions in their past have found healing
- Local newspapers, radio stations and magazines have featured the local 40 Days for Life helping to spread awareness about the injustice we stand against
Prayer volunteers commit to pray for one or more hours each week during the 40 day vigil in front of one of FOUR abortion clinics in Austin. The north location is Whole Woman’s Health off of N I 35 and 183/Rundberg. The south location is Austin Women’s Health Center, off of S I35 and Woodland/Oltorf. The northwest Austin location is International Healthcare Solutions off of Anderson Mill and 183. The southwest Austin location is Planned Parenthood off of Ben White.
The spring 2014 campaign begins Wednesday, March 5th. If you are interested in participating in this life-saving campaign or in helping to coordinate the campaign, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Central Texas Coalition for Life office at 512.296.2071.
The ONLY way a 4-location simultaneous 40 day prayer vigil can happen is if 800+ faithful Christians commit to man the prayer vigil.
✔ Yes! I want to pray with my fellow Christians on the sidewalks to end abortion in Central Texas!
Sign up for a weekly prayer hour at a local abortion facility.